The number of unresolved tickets has climbed a bit recently so I cheated and went and cleaned up some old ones to keep the count down. The batch today were over 4 years old (arbitrary choice) and look to be done, superseded or in some way no longer relevant.

I thought they were all clear-cut but do reopen them if you see ticket differently.

Generally, what to do about old tickets?

Some are still relevant, some are addressed elsewhere, some have drifted to the point of being difficult to understand. Where an old ticket that isn't getting any interest (there are at least 5 SDB tickets), I don't see that having it open serves much purpose; it isn't a promise to do anything about it. If new information comes along, it is likely in a new ticket. Yet open tickets do in some ways suggest they may happen sometime which isn't the case.

Thoughts?

    Andy