Hi,

I've been looking at the jena-spatial module and Marco's feedback for transferring the GeoSPARQL-Jena/Fuskei projects into Jena. I've done some work on providing the jena-spatial property function for backward compatibility, but using the core elements from GeoSPARQL-Jena.

This means that both Lat/Lon and Geometry Literal arguments can be used. It will also support different coordinate reference systems and serialisations. There is a spatial index in JTS that would be suited to the jena-spatial property functions and this has been utilised. Some additional work is needed on transferring/replicating the testing.

For users to transition, I've added filter functions for converting Lat/Lon to Geometry Literal in queries and a method for adding Feature-Geometry-Geometry-Literal relations to a Feature-Lat/Lon dataset.

Also, I checked in the GeoSPARQL-Jena code for the “geo” prefix and there is only use of the full URI (<http://www.opengis.net/ont/geosparql#>). It does exist in the GeoSPARQL schema document provided by OGC but isn't used in any of the statements. So the prefix naming choice would seem to sit at the level of user query and the documentation.

At the moment all the indexes are using static instances so aren't ideal for multiple datasets. This is only an actual issue with the query rewrite and spatial indexes but I'll tidy them all up.

Looking at the spatial-jena code, it seems the current spatial index is retrieved from the Dataset's Context but I haven't seen where the Context is setup and assigned. Does this take place as part of the Assembler?

There is some work to do on this so it would be useful for me to delay the switchover if the release is before New Year.

Thanks,

Greg