Hi,
Unless there is a nogo, I'll commit this evening the patch that on test
creation add a Thread Group and a View Results tree.

I think this eases a bit first experience.

Regarding this thread, I still see unfortunately on stackoverflow and
twitter users running load test in gui mode and complaining about JMeter
not scaling.

This I think is an issue for Jmeter reputation, it's unfair but ignoring it
is not a good idea I think.

We discussed this in the past but didn't do anything yet:
- warning on start (i don't know if we discussed a threads threshold : 50
threads)
- limit View Results tree and table size in memory (patch exists but no
agreement)
- Have a dedicated Load Testing page on Home Page ? which would mention non
gui mode, heap settings , os tuning ...

I also wonder if we should not remove the default Xmx and Xms settings in
jmeter file. When using Java8 , default settings may be better as they
adapt to machine memory, but it can also be a problem...

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.