Thanks Boyang, I think what you’ve said makes sense. I’ve made the motivation
clearer now:

Users may want to specify which internal topics should be deleted. At present,
the streams reset tool deletes all topics that start with
"<application.id<http://application.id>>-" and there are no options to control
it.

The `--internal-topics` option is especially useful when there are prefix
conflicts between applications, e.g. "app" and "app-v2". In this case, if we
want to reset "app", the reset tool’s default behaviour will delete both the
internal topics of "app" and "app-v2" (since both are prefixed by "app-"). With
the `--internal-topics` option, we can provide internal topic names for "app"
and delete the internal topics for "app" without deleting the internal topics
for "app-v2".

Best

Joel

On 27 Jun 2020, at 2:07 AM, Boyang Chen