Thank you for this KIP, the motivation makes sense to me, left some questions:

1. If strategy=safe_latest and there is not committed offset, we have 2 choices
based on whether the group is started newly, can you elaborate on how can we
decide the group is started newly? It would be clear.

2. If strategy=nearest and there is not committed offset, its behavior is
determined by the earliest, or latest, or safe_latest used together. can you
elaborate on it more clearly?

3. Can you also add a column "current reset behavior” and change "reset
behavior” to “proposed reset behavior”, then we can be clear that this has no
effect on current behavior.

4. You added a new config “nearest.offset.reset” and only explain what will
happen when we set it true, you’d better explain what will happen it it is false

--
Best,
Ziming