Thank you for your reply.
According to the current implementation in pull request, it may not be possible
to directly remove the enumeration value of nearest. However, on the whole,
putting nearest in the OffsetResetStrategy enumeration class may cause some
misunderstandings in use. There are two solutions. One is to make a defensive
check on the value of "auto.offset.reset" when initializing the consumer, and
the other one is that I change the implementation. For example, I add an
additional variable named "auxiliaryStrategy" to the SubscriptionState class to
reset offset when triggering out-of-range.
Besides this problem, is there any other problem? What can I do next to push
this kip up for adoption? This is my first time I do, I don't understand very
well.

> -----原始邮件-----
&gt; 发件人: "deng ziming" <dengziming1...@gmail.com>
&gt; 发送时间: 2022-05-30 13:23:53 (星期一)
&gt; 收件人: dev@kafka.apache.org
&gt; 抄送:
&gt; 主题: Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-842: Add richer group offset reset mechanisms
&gt;
&gt; Thank you for your reply.
&gt;
&gt; According to your description, strategy=nearest is redundant, right? We
only rely on nearest.offset.reset=true/false to handle OffsetOutOfRange, I
think we can directly remove this enum value, WDYT?
&gt;
&gt; --
&gt; Best,
&gt; Ziming