Thanks, Divij,

I'm glad you reached out to those two groups. I'm curious to see what
they say.

> There is still an open question about how we decide what content gets added
> and what doesn't. I would propose that the model should be the same as
> accepting code changes i.e. it goes through a community review requiring
> votes committers/PMC members.

It seems to me that your proposal is already what we have in place. All
website changes, whether adding images, text, videos, or anything else,
are sent via Github pull request, and then reviewed and merged by
committers in accordance with our project guidelines.

Git-blame shows that this particular video was added to the site as
part of the redesign in https://github.com/apache/kafka-site/pull/269 .
That PR was open for two months, during which time any community
member could have reviewed and commented if they objected to any
of the content, including the video. In fact, the author included rendered
screenshots that include the branding on the PR.

Personally, I would just treat this like any bug. I think we can acknowledge
that it was a miss on the part of the author and reviewer to allow that
branding on the page, but it should be sufficient just to fix the bug. The
fact that one problem slips through code review and ships to prod only
to be noticed two years later doesn't necessarily mean we need to create
new policies and procedures.

Just to be clear, I do agree that this branding is a problem, and I'm grateful
that Mickael noticed it, and I'm supportive of fixing it by moving the video
to an AK-owned channel or self-hosting the video. I just don't want to
over-rotate by proposing a new approval process for website changes in
response to an isolated incident.

Thanks,
-John