Gathering up some other feedback from the DISCUSS thread:

- Please explicitly say that if we can't get the required features in in time,
we'll have another 3.x release, following the usual time-based schedule

- Please explicitly say that there may be other new features in 3.8 besides the
required ones

best,
Colin