Hi all,

Thanks for your comments,
I reworded some parts of the KIP to express that:
- The KIP is to agree that we need at least one more minor version in the
3.x series
- Explicitly saying that the list of KIPs is not exhaustive and that if
some are not done, we would need another minor version
- Which are the KIPs/Features the community identified that should be
present in a 3.x version so they can safely migrate to a potential 4.0
version
- The timeline of 4.0 (starting after branching, not after release)
- Wording is now focusing more on the need to have at least another minor
release in 3.x to enable and ease migration to a potential 4.0 version

I always mention potential in terms of 4.0 as we don't know what will be in
there yet, and this KIP's scope is not meant to define this.

Best,

--
[image: Aiven] <https://www.aiven.io>

aiven.io <https://www.aiven.io>   |   <https://www.facebook.com/aivencloud>