Hi Matthias, Hi Josep,

I'm afraid I can't do the KIP thing as the signup process for Apache
Confluence requires sending me a password reset link via E-Mail and said
E-Mail doesn't seem to reach me for some reason. I've contacted the Apache
infrastructure team but haven't yet heard back from them.
That said, I'd like to push back on the notion that a KIP is really
necessary for this change. It's certainly not a “major new feature” as it
adds zero extra functionality, and it doesn't affect binary compatibility
either as all the currently supported Scala versions are still supported.
This looks like a routine upgrade to me. Please, let's try to keep the
administrative overhead to the required minimum, shall we?
Thanks btw for merging Github PR #15239 (removal of scala-collection-compat
dependency from the 2.13 artifact). That will already improve life for
Scala 3 users.

All the best,
Matthias

Am Do., 8. Feb. 2024 um 18:02 Uhr schrieb Matthias J. Sax <mj...@apache.org