Hi, Joe,

One of the reasons that we have been doing beta releases before is to
stabilize the public apis. However, in trunk, we have introduced the api
stability annotation. The new java consumer api is marked as unstable. With
this, even if we name the first release of the new consumer as 0.9.0.0
(i.e., w/o beta), the users will understand that the api is subject to
change. Then, we just need to be prepared for 0.9.0.x releases soon after
for critical bug fixes since there are lots of new code in 0.9.0.0.

Thanks,

Jun