Hey Vahid,

Thanks for writing this up. This seems like a nice improvement over the
existing somewhat surprising behavior. Currently if you have a consumer
which changes subscriptions, then you will need to handle separately any
cleanup for assigned partitions for topics which are no longer subscribed.
With this change, the user can handle this exclusively in the
onPartitionsRevoked() callback which seems less error prone. This also
makes it unnecessary for us to do any special handling when autocommit is
enabled since all partitions will still be assigned when we do the final
offset commit prior to rebalancing. The main question mark in my mind is
compatibility, but it seems unlikely that anyone depends on the current
behavior. My hunch is that users probably expect it already works this way,
so from that perspective, it's almost more of a bug fix.

Thanks,
Jason