Thanks for the KIP, Rajini. I think this is helpful too. A few minor
comments.

1. About the number of metrics and expiration, if we dynamically register
metrics for the error codes, the number is likely to be much lower than
30*30, probably less than 100. If we were using Kafka Metrics for this, we
could easily add a long expiration period to be conservative, but I am not
sure this is supported by Yammer Metrics. If it is not, there's an argument
for keeping it simple.

2. Would it make sense to use 2 gauges for the version and commit id? It
seems more intuitive than having those values as tags.

Ismael