Well my (perhaps flawed) understanding of topic priorities is that lower
priority topics are not consumed as long as higher priority ones have
unconsumed messages (which means our position < HW). So if I'm doing this
manually, I have to make some determination as to whether my high priority
topic partitions are at the HW before I can decide if I want to poll the lower
priority ones. Right?