> On Oct 12, 2018, at 5:06 PM, Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Maybe there's some really cool use-case that I haven't thought of.  But so
> far I can't really think of any time I would need topic priorities if I was
> muting topics and offloading blocking operations in a reasonable way.  It
> would be good to identify use-cases

Hi Colin,

How about the use-case where there are multiple streams/topics, and the intent
is to have a single consumer interleave the messages so that higher priority
messages are processed first ?
That seems to be what the reporter of the associated Jira ticket

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6690>

has identified as a use-case he frequently encounters.  I’ve asked him to
elaborate on the dev list though he has not responded yet.

Best,
--
      Nick