Hello all,
I've just added the proposed changes to the KIP page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-480%3A+Sticky+Partitioner
.
The PR has been updated as well. https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/6997.

The idea is that there will just be a separate void method to change the
partition, and the partition method will be left alone.

Please take a look when you get a chance and let me know what you think.

Thank you,
Justine