Hi Guillaume,

I have no problem to release 2.4.0, but it means that we have to release some dependency projects (aries especially) quickly.

Let me help on that.

Regards
JB

On 06/20/2014 02:07 PM, Guillaume Nodet wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

If you follow the discussion on the dev mailing list, I think the release
plan is well defined.
More over on the website you have the dependency matrix.

We maintain two maintenance release branches:

1/ 2.3.x is "previous" maintenance release
2/ 3.0.x is "current" maintenance release
3/ 4.0.0 is future (where we do the refactoring, etc, it would not be
released before September).
4/ 2.x (2.4.x) is "transition" branch between 2.3.x and 3.0.x. Not sure it
would make much sense to release it now (I would encourage users to jump
from 2.3.x to 3.0.x). So no plan for now about a release.
That's why I didn't talk about 2.4 in my previous e-mail.

Well, I actually need this release asap.  Users can quite safely migrate
from 2.3.x to 2.4.x, but switching to 3.0.x is a much bigger change with
lots of incompatibilites.  So users in need for OSGi r5 would really
benefit from it.
I'm planning for a 2.4.0 release as soon as the snapshot dependencies can
be resolved.

I will add a page on the website to add this plan:

I will do that in a couple of minutes.

Regards
JB