I was not in any way aware of this RFP and I'm not part of the process, but
this looks really inspired from Karaf Features at least.
The author, David B. is a Karaf committer, so he may be able to comment on
what he has in mind.

Having said that, I'm not so sure it's a good thing for Karaf, but we'll
see. Hopefully things will go well this time, but I've already seen several
things go wrong at the OSGi EEG...

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Nodet