Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I don't say that it's your case, but most of the time, when people
complains about refresh, it's because they don't know/understand the
underlying mechanisms.
Basically, I had the case with a customer that used a bunch of optional
import and complain of the refresh: the issue was basically a design
error and an mistake in the bundles.

For the update, I don't know which karaf version you are using, but
Karaf 4.2.x has some improvements with feature:update.

About spring-boot like, it's part of the karaf-boot scope.

Anyway guys, I think you have very good ideas and it's really great you
share your experience/use cases. Feel free to create Jira corresponding
to your ideas, and feel free to contribute. Any help is welcome !

Thanks
Regards
JB

--