I'm doing a bit of Consensus refactoring, and finding that the
raft_consensus-test mock-based test is a bit of a roadblock to refactoring.
We don't use gmock anywhere else, and so whenever I look at this code I
quickly develop a head-ache trying to understand what it's doing.

Looking through the test cases themselves, I believe all of the code paths
they try to cover are equally well covered by other test cases in
raft_consensus-itest.

Rather than spend several hours trying to figure out why the mock isn't
behaving like the real code, I'd rather spend that time on adding more test
cases for the real code.

Thoughts?
-Todd
--