Great, glad you agree. It also feels good to delete 700 lines of code :)

I included the removal in this patch: https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/4476/

Planning on moving it from "WIP" state to commitable hopefully today, but
already worth a cursory look to make sure the direction of the refactor is
agreeable.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon