Hi,

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the first release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.6.0.

Apache Kudu 1.6.0 is a minor release that offers many improvements and
fixes since the prior release.

The is a source-only release. The artifacts have been staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.6.0-RC1/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1017

It is tagged in Git as 1.6.0-RC1 and the corresponding git hash is the
following:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=7e28dfc728e54e82d6cbc11fdcd4b9e62f2dfd66

The release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/1.6.0-RC1/docs/release_notes.adoc

The KEYS file to verify the artifact signatures can be found here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README and the release notes, building Kudu,
and running the unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be
appreciated.

The vote will run until Tuesday, December 5th at 11PM PDT. We'd normally
run a vote for 3 full days but since we're headed into the weekend now
let's do 4 days instead.

Thanks,
Mike