From: hongbin ma<mailto:mahong...@apache.org>
Date: 2016-01-26 14:42
To: dev@kylin.apache.org<mailto:dev@kylin.apache.org>; LIU Ze
(刘则)<mailto:liu...@wanda.cn>
Subject: elastic search as kylin storage engine
hi liuze

Thanks for contributing kylin-es, I believe it will benefit Kylin users in ES
world a lot.

I noticed your patch is against master branch (kylin 1.2), we can definitely
work on merging it to 1.x branch. However our active develop branch is now
2.x-staging, maintaing such a big feature in both sides is not a wise choice, I
guess. What's more, 2.x was refactored to better embrace plugins modules like
yours. So I'm wondering if you're interested in familiarizing yourself with
2.x-staging code and migrate your patch to 2.x? In the meantime I'll try to
review the code (It might take a while because I'm not familiar with ES that
much)

​​some helpful links:

http://kylin.apache.org/development/howto_test.html
http://kylin.apache.org/development/dev_env.html