Hi,

Usually this is caused that HBase's script didn't inheritate the
"HBASE_CLASSPATH" environment varaible (Kylin depends on it to attache Hive
jars to classpath).

Go to the HBase installation path, and then grep "HBASE_CLASSPATH" in the
`hbase` shell file, you should find something like:

export
HBASE_CLASSPATH=$HADOOP_CONF:$HADOOP_HOME/*:$HADOOP_HOME/lib/*:$ZOOKEEPER_HOME/*:$ZOOKEEPER_HOME/lib/*:$HBASE_CLASSPATH

Above is a good sample, as it will keep the original value of
$HBASE_CLASSPATH; But in some distribution like EMR 5.0, it just set the
HBASE_CLASSPATH value instead of appending, then it will cause the hive jar
not on Kylin's classpath. You need manually correct that.

I will add this to FAQ page.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋