From: Mechtilde <o...@mechtilde.de>
Subject: Re: [l10n-dev] New home for downloading language packs
To: dev@l10n.openoffice.org
Date: Saturday, 17 October, 2009, 1:44 PM
Hello,

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:
Hi all,

Also, just out of my curiosity, can you list recent
examples when a
fully localized national sdf with gsicheck passed
successfully (no
errors nor warnings) did not work as expected (like
crashed etc.)?

Yes, we have

E.g. the Polish Win version didn't start after installing.

The goal of the NL version tests should be that it is
usable for the
normal user and didn't have severe bugs which are not in
the EN version.

It is not the goal that the NL version has to be better
than the EN version.
Finally - as these tests are already automatic in many
ways - could
not this process be automatized even further, so that
with any RC
build the tests would be made automatically by OOo
servers for all
available languages and the teams should only go
through visual
(screenshots) and text results neatly organized and
published on the
website (like a 3-5 minute job) and vote either YES or
NO at the end?
The only prerequisite for teams would be to fully
localize the tests
(another po file in the tree and in Pootle) used by
this system.

The automatic tests cannot provide you for such things like
described
above. But they can easy detect by some manual tests

Regards

Mechtilde