Martin Srebotnjak wrote:

Hi Martin,

I was warned again by Slovenian community about the wording of the
Disclaimer on the download site (http://download.openoffice.org/all_rc.html
):
*OpenOffice.org 3.1.1 RC2 - untested full installation sets* *Disclaimer:
The software in the following table is based on the final release but has
not passed all final tests. Therefore it cannot be seen as a released build
and should not be deployed in a production environment.*

Firstly, "but has not passed all final tests" implies, that tests were
performed but that the software packages listed failed them ("did not pass"
= "fail"). Actually these builds were just not tested and there is no proof
that they would fail those tests, probably the reverse is true, they would
probably all pass tests if someone tested them. If not, language communities
or users would be entering issues in IZ already.

yes, could be understood wrong.

So we propose the following wording: "but were not fully tested" or "but did
not undergo the regular OpenOffice.org testing procedure" or "but did not
undergo the regular QA testing procedures" or something like that.

Also "should not be deployed in a production environment" means that if they
are used it is illegal or something, or your computer might explode. This
might be very negative for promotion of OOo in government and civic
environments. We would suggest something like this: "are not recommended for
use in a production environment". One could insert also a "yet".

Now it's:

The software in the following table is based on the final release but the final tests were not done yet. Therefore it cannot be seen as a released build and it is not recommended to deploy in a production environment.

These two issues might apply to one of the other two download pages if the
Disclaimer is reused there.

I've changed it as well on "other.html" and "notes.html".

Thanks

Marcus