On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 12:59 PM, Srinivas Naga Kotaru (skotaru) <
skot...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Perfect, that answer and clarify. Thank you, Nakayama,
>

> I was able to bound a PV which has label selectors using a PVC which
> doesn’t have any selectors. This behavior completely makes useless our
> storage labeling strategy. We want to label few volumes (special volumes by
> cost/performance/size) to specific clients and want only that clients can
> use these PV using label selectors. Clients who don’t mention label
> selectors in PVC should bound general volumes
>

> This concerns us a lot. How to deal this issue?

One way is to require every PVC to create with a selector.  If you have a
performance={fast, slow} then every PVC must create with a selector for
performance=something.

You could use StorageClass in a similar way.  Special PVs that you want
only certain users to use would belong to a specific StorageClass and
general purpose PVs to another.  You could then set the default
StorageClass to the general purpose so users must specifically request PVs
from the higher performance StorageClass.

-bc