Although you can set up the fluentd instances to send logs either to the
integrated storage or an external ES, it will be tricky to do both with the
same deployment. They are deployed with a daemonset. What you can do is
copy the daemonset and configure both as you like (with different
secrets/configmaps), using node selectors and node labels to have the right
ones land on the right nodes. However that will direct *all* of the node's
logs; I don't think there's an easy way to have the container logs go to
one destination and the service logs to another, without more in-depth
configuration of fluentd. You do have complete control over its config if
you really want though by modifying the configmap.