Yes, mbstring is installed. But one configuration setting raises doubts:

Multibyte Support       enabled
Multibyte string engine         libmbfl
HTTP input encoding translation         disabled
libmbfl version         1.3.2

I do not know, is "HTTP input encoding translation" significant for my situation or now.

Now I have a letter with GB2312 charset.

This encoding is specified in:

- headers, where it is used: Subject: =?gb2312?B?STo...

- Content-type header:

- The coding is mentioned in HTML headers quite strange. I don't know, what does it mean.

xmlns:x=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"; =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dgb2312">

I am sure the letter is encoded properly because eM client opens it correctly.
But in RC I see something like the Arab characters.

---
Best regards,
   Vladimir Gorpenko