Hi Folks,

I am trying to get build the project on my local machine. (I am using macOS).

Unfortunately, when I run ./build.sh test I get an error that is pointing back
to the hlibsass library.

I think the issue may be fixed if I compile the hlibsass library with the
sharedLibsass flag, but I do not know how to set that flag in this project.

I tried adding the below to snowdrift’s stack.yaml, but that led to more
cryptic errors that I feel are not going to be productive.

flags:
  hlibsass:
    externalLibsass: true
I wanted to check in with the community in case anyone had any thoughts on this.

Logfile:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25269816/ <https://paste.ubuntu.com/25269816/>

Potentially relevant GitHub Issues:
https://github.com/jakubfijalkowski/hlibsass/issues/1
<https://github.com/jakubfijalkowski/hlibsass/issues/1>
 https://github.com/jakubfijalkowski/hsass/issues/4
<https://github.com/jakubfijalkowski/hsass/issues/4>

Also, the README of hlibsass has the following text:

GHC 7 is unable to load static version of native libraries (at least some of
them) and therefore it rejects loading libsass.a. On Linux, you can overcome
this by switch to GHC 8 (tested with 8.0.2 with LTS Haskell 8.5) or by using
shared or external (also shared) version of LibSass. On macOS, GHC 8 still
rejects the library (it detects unresolver/duplicated symbols), so the only
solution is to use shared/external LibSass (Homebrew version works).