> On 09/11/2017 08:00 AM, Peter Harpending wrote:
>> On Sep 10, 2017 11:27 PM, "jake" wrote:
>>
>>     Hello, I'm Jake. I'm brand new here. In summary, I want "real
>>     world" Haskell experience. (Long version sent to
>>     commun...@snowdrift.coop <mailto:commun...@snowdrift.coop>.)
>>
>>     I tried to build the test platform, but encountered a classic
>>     bug: the space bug.
>>
>>     Easy to replicate: make a directory with a space in its name,
>>     such as "foo bar". In my case, it was "Backup One". Navigate
>>     (cd) your terminal to this place. Follow the build instructions
>>     in BUILD.md, starting with the "git clone..." line.
>>
>>     Well, something in the build script does not handle that space.
>>
>>     Using my example with "Backup One", it expects a Unix socket to
>>     be at:
>>
>>     /run/media/jthomas/Backup/.s.PGSQL.5432
>>
>>     Notice the "/Backup/" part should be "/Backup One/".
>>
>>     Furthermore, navigating to jthomas reveals that there is no
>>     "Backup" directory. So that file really does not exist.
>>     (Sometimes these things make the directories that they think
>>     should exist. Not in this case.)
>>

>>     Cheers, Jake
> Welcome. I'm Peter.
>
> If you want to get involved, this would be a good bug for you to
> fix. It's relatively simple, and you already understand the issue.
>
> This would be a low priority issue for us as most developers don't
> put spaces in file names, so this is unlikely to cause serious
> issues

Hi Jake, welcome!

Congrats, you ran into a "real world" bug. :) I created an issue to
track it: https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/issues/66 .

Like Peter says, it's probably a good place to make a fix.
Unfortunately it's likely a Bash bug, not a Haskell bug. Probably
some variable in build.sh needs quoting.

Build bugs are actually always important, so if you don't have a chance
to get to this, I'll do it this week some time.

Thanks!

-Bryan