Hey, everyone.

I'm ressurrecting this thread to let you know that this issue is going to
come back for Arch users when we switch to lts-10.0.  I found a different
solution that allows Snowdrift (and any other Haskell program, for that
matter) to compile properly in the future.  I've added the Arch-specific
build instructions into BUILD.md (though they're not merged into master
quite yet, but you can read them at
https://git.snowdrift.coop/sd/snowdrift/merge_requests/99.  Essentially, it
forces stack to download a version of ghc that will ignore PIE and libtinfo
and will apply globally (per user).  Technically, this could potentially
also work on other distros as well, but I'm not sure if there are other
distros that have this issue.