You have a file system, it is a storage. It has an index, a directory of files. Why not put the different configurations as separate files in a directory in the file system?

On 2017-08-09 07:34, Domínguez Moraleja, Jose Luis wrote:
I agree with you in a lot of things, but I think, maybe for my lack of
experience talking in English, that you don't understand me at all.
1.- I would like just to give the possibility to share the same file, it is not
mandatory but would be the default solution.
2.- What I want to share is just the "storage", in this case an XmlFile

In order to do this I think that as any storage system does we need an index, this
index is <configSections> tag.
There you indicate the node of each logging subsystem in this case <log4net> and
there should be another for <log4php>. How do you indicate this? Is not what I'm
proposing as I don't know it deeply, maybe a fullpath to the node, maybe just one tag ....
don't know what is the best way.

Inside each tag, each one could still be using whatever attributes they use, I
think what they are using now would be fine.

There's no reason to share appenders or other things, I'm not talking about
this, just what I hope I explain now better.

Saludos,
Jose