If it is a private class it might not be sensible to have that class name
in the logfiles. If it is public the class could and should probably be
refactored. ;-)

I'm only a little afraid of the dollar sign. It is often a bash variable
and thus bound to be typo prone when used for greps, configurations, ..

Could a logger name attribute be an option?

--
Dominik Psenner