If you'd like to contribute a proof of concept, that would be great! I'm
not a fan of frontend web development anymore
Given how much variation there has been in package formats etc. (UMD, AMD,
CommonJS, God help us D, etc) I don't blame you.  Just AOT compile, Babelify
it, then rollupJS it, then Webpack it, smack it and definitely track it.
  (see my comments earlier
about Elm being one of the sane places to work there), so I don't know how
much I could help with that.
Looking at implementing ELK and Zipkin ATM as well as implementing some sort of
unified dashboard thing for all of it, so hope to have something in this space
soon.  The whole thing is simmering down quite a bit with the Angular 5 release
and the angular CLI, so I'm not going to be shocked if it changes your view on
front end development.