On Sep 20, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Sep 20, 2010, at 1:07 PM, Yonik Seeley wrote:
>>> It does not list iron-clad requirements - it is there simply to help.
>>
>> Again, I disagree.  Having done a number of releases, it would simply be
>> impossible without it
>
> Usefulness certainly does not imply "officialness" and certainly does
> not imply that everything on there is mandatory.
> We've never needed anything quote so iron-clad in the past - we were
> able to use our judgments to adapt as necessary.  And individuals went
> and updated that page with helpful things because no one was under the
> impression that anything there was binding.

Of course it makes sense for it to be updatable to reflect that things change,
servers get moved, ant targets get improved, but your message, on the heels of
the Maven discussion, was interpreted by me (and please correct me if I'm
wrong) to presume that you are saying that it is alright for the RM to decide
what artifacts should be released.  So, if that's not the case, then fine, I
agree, but if it is, then no, I don't think this is the right message to put on
the page.  And it certainly isn't up to you alone to decide by placing it on
the Wiki as a "trivial" update.

-Grant