On Sep 20, 2010, at 4:23 PM, Robert Muir wrote:

> I'm not buying the authoritative argument, it seems like any old joker can
> take our signed jars and put them in maven themselves, without us having to
> do any work.

No, they can't.  They can put them in their own repo, but they can't put them
in the official ones that are by default baked into Maven (the iBiblio one).

At the end of the day, I don't see what the big deal is.  For those of us who
want Maven, we need to step up and make it work seamlessly.  Why should you
care if we do that?  Given it gets fixed, it won't effect you.  I understand
your concern now since it is broken, so I stand by the thought that if we (the
Maven campers) can't fix it by the next release it can be dropped for that
release.

-Grant