FWIW, the commit notices are just an SVN post-commit hook that uses the
svn-mailer tool [http://opensource.perlig.de/svnmailer/]. I believe
Grant has commit rights to that file - it is in the infra SVN right next
to the old asf-auth file.

Right now I have no idea whether svn-mailer can support the kind of
filtering you are talking about, but there's no harm looking!

Upayavira