+1 for having a single function query - actually this is what LUCENE-1081
and SOLR-192 is about. I'd look at this after LUCENE-1812, but this is
waiting so long now, please go ahead with this, I'll follow/join.

-0 for moving function to modules - I think this is used as core capability
by many applications/users and I don't see why it should be in modules, as
to me this is more like .. I was going to say "like payloads" but this is
not true, it is not nearly as involved and as internal as payloads, so
replaced "-1" with "-0" here, but, could you explain why move this from core
to modules?

Doron