A sort of related thought.

There will most likely be a 5.4.1 at least for the Admin UI once
people start seriously using it every day. Because: obscure browser
bugs, Windows, Mobile, etc. Especially if Solr 6 is on Java 8 (it is,
right?), we would need a stable version for Java 7 users.

----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/