Are there any developers with a current working maven build for a
downstream Solr installation? ie. Not a build for Solr itself, but a build
that brings in the core Solr server plus local plugins, third party plugins
etc?

I am in the process of updating one of our old builds (it builds both the
application and various shard instances) and have hit a stumbling block in
sourcing the dashboard static assets (everything under /webapp/web in
Solr's source).

Prior to the move away from being a webapp I could get them by exploding
the war from Maven Central.

In our very first foray into 5.x we had a local custom build to patch
SOLR-2649. We avoided solving this problem then by pushing the webapp into
our local Nexus as part of that build... but that wasn't a very good long
term choice.

So now I'm trying to work out the best long term approach to take here.
Ideas so far:

   1. Manually download the required zip and add it into our Nexus
   repository as a 3rd party artifact. Maven can source and extract anything
   it needs from here. This is where I'm currently leaning for simplicity, but
   the manual step required is annoying. It does have the advantage of causing
   a build failure straight away when a version upgrade occurs, prompting the
   developer to look into why.
   2. Move a copy of the static assets for the dashboard into our project
   and deploy them ourselves. This has the advantage of aligning our approach
   with the resources we already maintain in the project (like
   core.properties, schema.xml, solrconfig.xml, logging etc.). But I am
   worried that it is really fragile and developers will miss it during a
   version upgrade, resulting in the dashboard creeping out-of-date and
   (worse) introducing subtle bugs because of a version mismatch between the
   UI and the underlying server code.
   3. I'd like to think a long term approach would be for the core Solr
   build to ship a JAR (or any other assembly) to Maven Central like
   'solr-dashboard'... but I'm not sure how that aligns with the move away
   from Solr being considered a webapp. It seems a shame that all of the Java
   code ends up in Maven central, but the web layer dead-ends in the ant build.

I might be missing something really obvious and there is already a way to
do this. Is there some other distribution of the dashboard statics? Other
than the downloadable zip that is.

Ta,
Greg