"[EOLed versions] will not be supported by the community at all"

That's a bit of a confusing language for me. We are not really
"supporting" any of the versions. There is no number to call or person
with a response-time metric. Nor is JIRA a support desk (some people
periodically get confused about that).

We have active development and user group. And for user group, I am
sure we will try to help even if somebody asks questions about 3.5.

So perhaps we should keep to the "will not be further updated" or
similar language as the next step down from "only security patches".

Also, it may be useful to mention next (7.0) version in some ways, as
people looking on JIRA/discussions will see that.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced