Hi Jason,

Standard MTQ queries have no scoring at all (using ConstantScoreRewrite by
default). Exception is FuzzyQuery which has two modes: One using standard
BQ TermQuery scoring multiplied with factor calculated from levensthein
distance and another one with all TermQueries made constant score and only
boosted by levensthein distance.

For all MTQ queries you can change the rewrite mode (so you can even rewrite
a WildCard query using fuzzy scoring, but that makes no sense at all,
because all boost are 1.0). You can also make FuzzyQ constant and respecting
all terms that match somehow if you like, the standard is to use a PQ.

This is the same in Lucene 3.x.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen