On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> We have still a problem with queries that rewrite depending on index
> contents - which was the reason for MTQ's deMorgan bug. If two
> MultiTermQueries rewrite to different queries on two shards, the scores are
> also not comparable, even with normalized idf. This does not affect
> WildCard&Co (because default to constant score), but e.g. Fuzzy will be very
> broken multi-sharded. MultiSearcher tried to prevent this by combining all
> rewritten queries into one - and was buggy here.

Really? because I see your description of the situation as mixing two
totally different things:
1. a situation where a distributed case returns scores different than
a single node case. Who cares? This should be up to the user to make
the appropriate tradeoffs (e.g. deciding to use distributed IDF or
not, or even different types of caching impls like andrzej hinted at,
or whatever)... but its not "wrong".
2. a situation where your query is A NOT B and it then returns B. This
was the real problem with MultiSearcher, and this is just wrong.