I'll cut the branch in 12-24 hours from now. If someone has anything
to put into branch_8x now, please feel free.
If someone has a non-bugfix issue that they want to push in to 8.3
after the branch cut, but you're sure it will not disrupt the
stability of the release, please let me know and we can discuss on a
case-by-case basis.