Yeah this a crazy way for them to manage dependencies.

I see the old URL now redirects to https://maven.restlet.talend.com/.

I tried adding the repo to my POM as follows:

<repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>maven-restlet</id>
          <name>Restlet repository</name>
          <url>https://maven.restlet.talend.com</url>
</repository>

And still get the handshake error. I tried http and still get the same
handshake error.

Any thoughts on what to try next?

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 1:46 PM Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> I figured out they again changed urls. No to talend.
>
> This is a big issue and should reported that this horrible company, sorry!
> This is a no go for maven dependencies. The reason is that Java handles
> redirection in a bad way. So never ever change urls for branding purposes!
> Sorry Talked: bad idea, revert this…!
>
> Uwe
>
> Uwe
>
> Am December 27, 2019 6:42:49 PM UTC schrieb Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de
> >:
>>
>> This should be fixed with newer versions of Solr. The reason is missing
>> https and this causes some redirection problems.
>>
>> Maybe you are using a Solr version with a POM that still refers to non
>> encrypted artifact repos.
>>
>> This was driving me crazy when I changed the remote repositories a whole
>> ago, too.
>>
>> Uwe
>>
>> Am December 27, 2019 6:33:32 PM UTC schrieb Joel Bernstein <
>> joels...@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> I'm currently building an outside project that uses the solrj and
>>> solr-core dependencies. I'm getting the following errors when attempting
>>> build the project on a jenkins server:
>>>
>>> Failed to read artifact descriptor for
>>> org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:jar:2.3.0: Could not transfer artifact
>>> org.restlet.jee:org.restlet:pom:2.3.0 from/to maven-restlet