Ok Uwe,

I think I've got all the details. I'll open a ticket with the restlet
project explaining the http->https redirect problem. Hopefully they will
fix this and put this problem to rest (pun intended).

I'll also open a Solr ticket so we can discuss what can be done to possibly
mitigate this issue without the help of the restlet project and to discuss
the removal of this dependency.

Thanks!

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/