I was glad to read your last mail with a softer tone, Ishan. Respect! I really
appreciate all your hard work and passion for Lucene/Solr, and thanks for
putting time into benchmarking, it really shows that you care about the
project! What I think we need more than anything else going forward (my self
included) is lowering the friction level in some of the conversaions,
interpreting others with the best intent in mind. We’ll all benefit if we
manage to make Lucene/Solr once again a truly welcoming and warm community,
while maintaining high professional standards of course.

I think we could benefit from more online committer meetings as well, the one
we had back in March was great, and a good place to discuss project matters
like benchmarking or big refactorings.

Jan