: What's a little odd is that this should work exactly as it did before we

It just occured to me that one thing rmuir and i noticed in IRC never made
it into email or my jira comments: the Logger used by SolrRequestParsers
is not static, so the mem estimator would count that as ram used by the
object itself.

I opened SOLR-4833 to audit all non-static Logger usage to try and
mitigate this type of failure in the future -- but that's still just
addressing the visible symptom that alerted us to (what i consider) the
more alarming problem: how big the Logger can get.

-Hoss