On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:30 AM, Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Sep 12, 2013, at 11:07 AM, Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The "give me several weeks to shove shit in and destabilize the
>> codebase" is worse.
>>

>> It's a false dichotomey for a start - it's also a wild exageration.
>
> Its no exaggeration at all. This situation actually happened to me
> several times while I was release manager.

That's just silly, not much I can say. We have always had pretty decent
releases. We make features, we fix bugs, we do it pretty well without random,
no warning releases.

>> It's also a nasty judgment of your fellow committers - I see you have been
>> committing a lot over the past few weeks - you have just been shoving shit
>> in and destabilizing the code base?
>
> How so? Did tests destabilize and start failing as a result of my
> commits? No offense, but people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

I guess you missed my meaning.

> its always the same story every time: lucene guys want more releases,
> solr guys want more time for shoving.

The number of releases would be the same. Not sure what you are getting at.

> Don't try to justify it or make
> it seems like its something other than what it is, because the
> situation is totally clear to anyone with a working brain.

Not sure what you are getting at here either. I'm not trying to make the
situation something other than it is. I don't think I even know what
"situation" you are talking about.

To me it's like this - you are obsessed with shoving stuff in. I don't care
about your opinion on that when it comes to this topic. We should plan out a
release at least a week ahead of time. Shove this in, don't shove that in, you
can shove,  you can't shove - it's irrelevant.

We are a community and random, no discussion, no warning releases, is anti
community.

- Mark